koora aratikaya -1
tamarind -lemon size
dhaniya powder- 1/2 tbsp
sugar/jaggery -1 tbsp
salt- according to taste
chilly powder- 1/4 tbsp
oil for seasoning.
1) First peel the layer of banana and cut them into small pieces.
2) Take a pressure pan filled with 3 cups of water and add banana pieces.
3) pressure cook until you get 3 whistles. Cool the pan completely.
4) In the mean time, soak tamarind and prepare tamarind juice.(2 to 3 cups)
5) Cut the onions, green chiilies.
6) Now take a cooking bowl. Add 3 tbsps of oil.Prepare seasoning(talimpu) and then add the tamarind juice ,onions , cooked and drained banana pieces ,little bit of turmeric.,dhaniya powder.
7) Keep it on a medium flame for atleast 15 to 20 mins. Add salt,sugar,chilly powder according to taste.
8)Finally garnish with coriander leaves.
Goes very well with rice..
For more Rice Recipes please visit us at: http://telugu-recipes.blogspot.com/